LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Perjury filing procedure

(Querist) 28 March 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Experts,

My cases of divorce, maintenance and child custdoy running in the family court. I want to file perjury for the false statements made by my wife. ( Not going into the contents of the same as it will distract from my core question.) Normal procedure that I have seen is litigants file an application of perjury in the ongoing case. And then in several other applications and procedures perjury application is left unattended.

But can I file a separate case for perjury ? One of the expert has somewhere mentioned in LCI forum that there is a Bombay High Court judgement which says that separate case number can be there. If some one pls share that judgement or other similar judgement then it will be of great help.
ks (Querist) 28 March 2022
Below is the link where expert says that separate case number can be there. But I could not find the judgement.

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (Expert) 29 March 2022
You can file complaint u/s 340 CrPc with all supporting documents certified copies prooving perjury in same court and of course that will be registered as seperate complaint.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query