LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Parking dispute

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 25 February 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Experts,
I parked my car in a no-parking area at the railway station. The parking area is managed by an independent contractor. He charged me double the fine amount posted there, and he locked my car, refusing to allow me to retrieve it without paying extra. He gathered many individuals there, so I paid him and went home. I want to ask experts what actions I can take against the parking contractor for his conduct, and whether it's legal for him to lock my car
Dr. J C Vashista (Expert) 25 February 2024
The arm-twisting action of the contractor is illegal which you should have complained of with Railway police, there itself. However, you should file your complaint now on-line or physically with area police station.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 25 February 2024
can I complaint to the DRM office and District Magistrate of the city against the contractor?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 25 February 2024
As advised by the learned expert Dr.JC Vashista Sir, complain with Railway Police marking a copy to the DRM but not necessarily to the District Magistrate of the city.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 26 February 2024
The parking area contractor is not the law enforcing agency or authority.
It is for the railway police or any other competent authority which has been authorised to initiate legal action against the violators can take action in this regard.
You can lodge a criminal complaint against the contractor for illegally locking your vehicle, for extortion, intimidation, abuse and threatening offenses.
If the police refuse to take your complaint you may file a private criminal complaint with the jurisdictional judicial magistrate court against the contractor.
The contractor has to be taught a lesson for taking law into his hands.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 26 February 2024
how old is the complaint to DRM

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now