LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

OBC certificate

(Querist) 19 June 2009 This query is : Resolved 
I am from Kerala and my caste Veerasaiva comes under OBC. I have married to a namboodiri caste who doesn't come under OBC. If i need to get a caste certificate of OBC for my children for any central govt. job, education etc, how can i get it
Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert) 19 June 2009
The Mnadal Revenue Officer or Thahasildar - is the Authority to issue the Caste Certificates ! in AP

The Caste certifcates will be issued by the Revenue Authorities after due local enquiry!
V.V.RAMDAS (Expert) 19 June 2009
Dear Madam ,
Your children only can get a caste certificate if your socity or community accepts and recognises them as member of your caste thean only they are entitle to get a caste/OBC certificate from the revenue authorities.
You can refer V.V.Griri-v- D.S.Dora ,AIR 1959 SC 1318 and also Wilson Read -V- C.S Booth, AIR1958 Assam, at page. 128
dhiraj choudhary (Expert) 20 June 2009
ur children r entitled for the category certificate n not ur wife n that 2 'll b issued by the thesildar concerned after completing requisite formalities
Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Expert) 20 June 2009
Is this client male or female ? By name I guess it is female and maarried non OBC male. then subject to exceptions prevailing in her husband's community, children are non OBC.
Uma parameswaran (Expert) 21 June 2009
You can submit an application before village officer .
U can get that certificate by filing an application before the Concerned authority like Tehsildar/Revenue Officer or the other,

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query