LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Non allotment of parking space

(Querist) 10 October 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Abt 3 yrs ago i had booked a residential property with a builder. With the understanding that the (open/slit) parking would be provided. The agreement too contains this as one of the amneties that will provided (along with the others like intercom, waterpurifier..etc)
Now it has been abt 1 year that the pocession of the properties have been given. However in respect of the parkings the builder has sold (against cash) the parkings to a select few property owners. Allotment letters are not issued to the purchasers of the parking slots.

Please suggest what course of action i can take to ensure a parking slot
A.P.Manoranjan (Expert) 10 October 2009
Dear pankajji,
First of all you send a lawer's notice stating violation of agreement terms.If he does not respond within a reasonable time given to him for reply,file a petition in dist.Consumer court for deficiency of services. Since you have taken possession of property since one year only, it is within time period of law of Limitation.
Pankaj (Querist) 10 October 2009
From your experience can you suggest how effective is the process of "file a petition in dist.Consumer court" & what time frame & costs are involved.. can i also have yr email id ?
A.P.Manoranjan (Expert) 10 October 2009
The time taken in resolution of disputes in Consumer Courts and amount involved will depend upon the facts of the case.
My email is
PJANARDHANA REDDY (Expert) 10 October 2009
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 10 October 2009
you can get compensation for your redressal before competent consumer forum
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 10 October 2009
Consumer forums also perform their activities like civil courts and take much time because more and more complaints coming there for disposal but after all the solution lies there and you will have to take shelter therein.
Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert) 11 October 2009
legal notice,and after it consumer complaait is the best remedy.
Sachin Bhatia (Expert) 11 October 2009
Better to file a consumer complaint.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :