Mutation of joint house property

This query is : Resolved 

20 April 2012


I and my wife are original allotee of flat and have jointly registered it as sub lease deed.

There after I want to relinquish my 50% share in house at my free will and consent to wife.

Will the mutation in favour of my wife name requires paying of registration fee( as per circle rate for 50% property share etc)??

Pl advice about correct leagal position

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)
20 April 2012

Release deed does attract stamp duty and registration fees which varies from state to state.
However for mutation one need not pay any registration fees except the regular official costs.

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Expert)
20 April 2012

Hai Atul... U want to relinquish ur 50% share in house to ur wife.
As per sec 17 of Registration Act any document which creats, extinguish, assign or declare any right, title or interest in respect of immovable property worth more than 100 Rs then registration of such document is must.

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Expert)
20 April 2012

If once the document is registered it will take its own course. I mean that at the time of registration normally the mutation fee will be collected.

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
20 April 2012

Nothing left to add in the reply of Bijapur.

Shonee KapoorOnline (Expert)
20 April 2012

Nothing left to be added.


Shonee Kapoor

Suhail A.Siddiqui (Expert)
21 April 2012

Above reply is complete.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



IPC Grand Course     |    x