LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Making of will in respect of ancestral property

(Querist) 28 November 2015 This query is : Resolved 
My father inhereted about three acres of land from his father about 4 decades ago.

He has five daughters (including myself) and one son.(All are surviving).

Over a period of time, he sold many sites made out of the same land.

He gave in GIFT a site of 30' X 40' dimension to each of his daughters, including myself, and registered the same as GIFT DEED in individuals name.

Where as he gifted about 15 times of the said dimention to his son ( That is my brother ).

About one acre of land is transfered to my mother's name under GPA where in an Apartment is constructed and her share of six flats are in the name of my mother.

Now he is holding about ONE Acre, in various dimentions of sites, all in his name.

Now , when we 5 sisters are asking for equal share he says that HE IS GOING TO MAKE A WILL.

Sir, I want to know :
1)Whether the land transfered to my mother's name under GPA is legally valid ?


2) Whether my father can MAKE A WILL in favour of his five daughters and one son ?


jayashree K.

Anirudh (Expert) 28 November 2015
Your father is the absolute owner of his property and he is legally entitled to make a WILL/GIFT and or Sell the property to whomsoever that he wants.

You are not clear what you want to say when you are referring to land tranferred to your mother GPA. You have to come out very clearly about the fact situation.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 November 2015
Consult local lawyer and show him all the documents.
R.K Nanda (Expert) 28 November 2015
consult local lawyer.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query