LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maintenance claimed by father after years of desertion

(Querist) 12 August 2019 This query is : Open 
Dear All,

I need clarification on the above topic. My father has neglected and deserted my mother and me without any monetary aid or any other form of aid whatsoever for last 30 years. (My mom didn't claim maintenance or divorce as she was scared of him and was a job holder herself). He himself was a Central Govt. Employee for 20 years and then worked in private sector for 30 years drawing decent salary.

After years of hard work and struggle, my mom along with help from my grandparents (mom's side) raised me by herself and I'm currently in a good job. I have taken care of my grandparents till their demise and my mom for all these years as they have done for me. I'm also married and have to take care of those responsibilities too.

Now my father out of nowhere is seeking maintenance under Senior Citizens Maintenance Act (he is 64 years old) after all these years and making threats at my workplace with intent of defaming me.

Request you to kindly help me as to course of action as my father is giving sleepless nights to me and my entire family.

Thank You.

P. Venu (Expert) 14 August 2019
Your father, admittedly, had been well employed. At present he could be in receipt of pension and well endowed with savings. If so, he cannot on rely on Senior Citizen's Act to claim maintenance.
Guest (Expert) 15 August 2019
Mr.P.Venu -- Retired Govt Officer -- Do not assume things in Legal aspects, How could you assume that Senior Citizen mentioned here is a Pensioner please
Guest (Expert) 15 August 2019
Father coming to your work place can not be treated as Threat and obviously it confirms your hatred towards him
Guest (Expert) 15 August 2019
Make some one to discuss with your mother and she would confirm her love towards your father though what ever might had happened, She may not tell you but that would be the fact
Guest (Expert) 15 August 2019
As well as human being and Legally you are bound to take care of your Parents and ofcourse Law has got Big Hands
Guest (Expert) 15 August 2019
Mr.P.Venu -- Retired Govt Officer -- Please do not misguide the innocent Querist. . Mr.P.Venu could you please narrate or explain what the Senior Citizen Act specifies in this query
Guest (Expert) 15 August 2019
Section 125 (1) (d) of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973 is a provision which entitles Parents, Step Mother and Adoptive Mother to claim Maintenance from children,
Guest (Expert) 15 August 2019
The above Section also specifies even daughters are liable to pay Maintenance to Parents

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query