LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lawyer for Marriage Registration (Special Marriage Act)

(Querist) 27 June 2008 This query is : Resolved 

I am a 26 year old Muslim man from Chennai wishing to marry a 26 year old Hindu girl from Mumbai. I am currently in US and the girl is in London, UK. We are both on work assignments in these countries. Due to some resistance from our parents we wish to come down to India on a particular date, get married and travel back to US.

Is there any way in which I can hire services of a lawyer to file the registration because it is not very easy for me to come down to India twice. If the registration form is filed, me and my fiancée can come down to India after the 30 day period is over and get the marriage done.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards
Guest (Expert) 27 June 2008
You can marry either in Chennai or in Mumbai, mention one place so that a lawyer from that place can contact you.
SROTAS -Global Legal Services (Expert) 27 June 2008
If you want to register your marriage, in chennai then we can do the same for you. We have office at chennai. If interested please call Mr.Satish at 09900595252. He will guide you.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 30 June 2008
Well Mr. Ali
there are procedural formalities you have to follow. First you have to put up one month notice before the registrar. And follow up other condidtions mentioned under the The Special Marriages act 1954. You can contact me 00919833843250. and also to our emails.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query