landlord problems

This query is : Resolved 

01 February 2009

Dear friends,
A lady has been living in rental premises for the past 30 to 35 years.suddenly her landlord has stopped taking rent from her since the past 3 months .on being asked he says that he has received a complaint against her from the other tenant staying in the same building.plaese let me know that what action should be taken,now,should i send him a notice or any other remedy,becouse the lady(tenant) is a senior citizen living on her own.thanking you in advance.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert)
01 February 2009

File a case in the civil court with a prayer for deposit of rent in the Court.

Morever in which state the tenant is living , thereare speific provisions in the State laws to protect such tnenats.

Sushil Kumar Bhatia (Expert)
02 February 2009

If landlord refused to accept the rent you should send the entire arrears of rent through money order If the tenancy covered under your provicial rent act to find remedy to deposit the rent In our state of U.P there is provision to deposite rent in the court

smilingadvocate (Expert)
02 February 2009

when your tenant does not pay the rent and stay in the premises what made you to seek rents ask for the eviction of the tenant under the rent controller act and in thesame case you can seek payment of arrears of rent

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x