LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 14 August 2008 This query is : Resolved 
can any consumer file a case on any company at delhi , if the company is not based at delhi and supplied something at delhi, the company is at banglore, as i think the juridiction is at the place where the company is based, if this is right and if someone files a case at delhi and the consumer court has taken cognizance what is the remedy?
Guest (Expert) 14 August 2008
Dear Satya,

Where did you buy the goods or services, in bangalore or in delhi. If the contract has happened in Delhi then Delhi Consumer Forum or else Bangalore. Lot depends on the facts of each case.

If the goods are supplied in delhi then you should be able to file the complaint in Delhi Consumer Forum itself.
RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 14 August 2008
as the company works for gain at delhi & caused of action has arisen at delhi so the consumer can file a case with the ocnsumer court at delhi.
For further quarry u can contact me at:
Pitampura, Delhi
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 14 August 2008
Jurisdiction for filing for consumer complaint. The place where the registered office is situated or any of the branch office of the Company or where cause of action or part of cause action arisen.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 16 August 2008
The case can be filed at both the places.
Tribhuwan Pandey (Expert) 17 August 2008
Yes you can file a case against the Company at Delhi because the Company carries its business at Delhi. To understand the jurisdiction of the Court please see Section 20 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
Section 20: Suits to be instituted where defendents reside or cause of action arises:
In your case the cause of action arose at Delhi hence you can file the at Delhi. You may also file the suit at Bangalore if convenient to you.

Tribhuwan C. Pandey
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 18 August 2008
Sir Section 20 of CPC doesnot applicable to consumer forum. To be frank as the consumer protection Act is a self subsistant act the CPC will be applicable to those areas which were not mentioned in the Act
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 30 August 2008
Yes. You can file a case against the Company at Delhi because the Company carries its business at Delhi and the cause of action arose at Delhi.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :