LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Issue regarding proof of address

(Querist) 17 December 2009 This query is : Resolved 
My client has entered into an agreement to provide services in the brand name of the franchisor.They are conducting the business in the same premises as the franchisor used to conduct.Now, the franchisor has a rental aggreement with the mall authorities & it is to expire after 1 more year.Now, the mall authorities simply refuse to acknowledge my client & they have refused to give NOC for furnishing proof of address.
my client continues to pay the rent,but the receipt is in the name of the Franchisor.In such circumstances how do i furnish proof of address.The light bill & the telephone bill are in the name of Franchisor.Pls guide me.
A V Vishal (Expert) 17 December 2009
What is the purpose of the proof of address. Do you have any trade license, Sales Tax registration on the franchisee's name. Please clarify.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 17 December 2009
Get authorization in writing from franchiser and accordingly get the desired NOC from mall owner or stop paying him rent.
Sachin Bhatia (Expert) 17 December 2009
Go with the advise of Mr.Raj
A V Vishal (Expert) 17 December 2009
The Mall owner is right in not issuing the NOC, since the principal agreement is between the Franchisor and the Mall owner, infact it is not clear the agreement between the mall owner and the franchisor, further it is immaterial who has paid the rent. Stopping payment of rent will invite more trouble.
soumitra basu (Expert) 18 December 2009
You should go through the Franicise Agreement. If there is no clause as such then you have to take an authorisation from the Francisor. And I think that will solve your problem.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query