IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Intentional damage of my motorcycle

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 27 March 2023 This query is : Resolved 
My motorcycle is 3rd party insured. Today some people attack me & heavily damage my motorcycle.
I went to local PS but they didn't help & just lodge a GDE in spite of medical report from nearest government hospital.
Please help.
How can I recover compensation & punish them ??
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 27 March 2023
file civil suit for compensation

for criminal case file complaint to Sp.
K Rajasekharan (Expert) 27 March 2023
The owner of a motor cycle is not covered for compensation under a third-party policy.
Third party insurance covers only the third party other than the insurer and the insured person.

If you had a comprehensive insurance, you could have obtained compensation from the insurance company from which you took the comprehensive policy.

More details on such matters are available in my article at https://lawwatch.in/motor-vehicle-accident-its-compensation/
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 28 March 2023
You cannot claim third party insurance to your damaged vehicle because you are the owner, however you can lodge a criminal complaint against the offenders before the higher police officer of the city if the local police station is not entertaining your complaint or not taking any action on your complaint
P. Venu (Expert) 28 March 2023
Yes, you cannot claim under third party insurance. However, you may seek civil as well as criminal remedies.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 29 March 2023
I have complained before commissioner of police but no action. Can I repair my bike ?
When can I file suit for compensation ?
Can I file court complaint ?
P. Venu (Expert) 29 March 2023
You have the option to approach the jurisdictional magistrate.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 30 March 2023
You can get the bike repaired from any workshop recognized by your insurance company.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query