FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Illegitimate son constitute bigamy?

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 15 February 2011 This query is : Resolved 
Dear sirs,after two years of wife desertion i filed for divorce on the ground.after filing of divorce i kept my relative girl which i got child without marriage.now my wife threatens to file bigamy.is child constitute bigamy.
manoj joshi (Expert) 14 January 2015
Anirudh (Expert) 14 January 2015
I disagree.
Unless you married your relative girl, when your marriage is subsisting, the question of bigamy does not arise.
However, if the relative girl makes any complaint then you will be in trouble. Otherwise not.
Guest (Expert) 14 January 2015
Well Advised by Expert Mr.Manoj Joshi
Guest (Expert) 14 January 2015
Suing for bigamy and proving bigamy are two different things. Illicit relation does not constitute bigamy unless your wife is able to prove marriage to have happened after she deserted you or your relative girl confesses so.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query