LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to prove date and place of birth

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 25 February 2020 This query is : Resolved 
Mr. A born at the place of G on 1975 and reside that place since birth. Mr A have EPIC Card but not have birth certificate and he is illiterate. As per advice of advocate he approach to the court and his all effort he fail to produce document and the doctor under whose his birth process came to end due to the death of the said doctor. Kindly advice me what Mr A do to prove date and place of birth.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 25 February 2020
If an illiterate person has no document including the record of his birth in the municipality then simple affidavit duly sworn by competent authority is sufficient to declare his date of birth.
Hemant Agarwal (Expert) 26 February 2020
1. Approach the Gram Sevak of the village Gram Panchayat and request me for a Certificate declaring the Birth date and Place in the village itself. This will be legally sufficient for all future requirements.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 26 February 2020
Gram Sabhas is not competent to issue such certificates.
Adv K Rajasekharan (Expert) 26 February 2020
It is the duty of the local registrar of birth to register his birth now and issue the certificate after due verification when an application is filed before him. In Kerala the Secretary of Grama Panchayath is the Local Registrar.

Even if there is no proper record also he can issue birth certificate so long as he does not find any malafide in the matter, by conducting due enquiry, obtaining affidavit and ensuring that the application is genuine, if he follows the spirit of law.

Birth and death are registered not after conducting any enquiry but only when the proper person files a birth or death report. It is almost an administrative function of just registering a record based on a person’s report or statement ( not even that of a public official) and nothing more.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 26 February 2020
Thanks Mr. Rajashekhran for sharing the procedure being adopted inKerala in such matters.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 29 February 2020
Respected Experts,
I approach to the Ld. court for affidavit but court has rejected it. I approach to the Gram Sabha and on advice of Gramsevak contact to lawyer for affidavit but fail to get it. Now what can I do for certificate of my birthplace and date of birth.
I think there are many Indians who have not such certificate like me and unsuccessful to get such certificate due to some technical loophole of law and administration. It is a matter of thought.
Hemant Agarwal (Expert) 29 February 2020
1. YOU failed at all fronts since you kept on representing yourself everywhere as "ANONYMOUS".

2. No Judicial or any other authority will give you a Birth Certificate in name of "ANONYMOUS".

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query