House matters

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
10 July 2019

My grandfather has passed over a house to my father on oral terms. There was no written agreement or will. Legally the house is in the name of my grandfather's other son. Around 50 years back, the said house was passed to my father amicably by my grandfather and uncle and since then we have been residing at the same house. Until my uncle and father were alive there was no objection regarding the house but now that both are dead my uncle's sons are objecting stating that legally the house is in their fathers name. What is the solution or legal advice for this matter.

Surendra Jain

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
10 July 2019

Ji, I slightly remember that this query was replied previously. However the property is your grandfather's property and your father was given orallly by his father i.e. your grandfather. so all the legal heirs of your grandfather have equal rihgts over the property. so amicably solve it. Otherwise file suit for partition.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
12 July 2019

All legal representatives of your grand-father are equal share holders in the property left intestate by him.
Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts, guidance and proceeding.

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)
18 July 2019

1. File a "declaration suit" in the local civil court, declaring you as the legal heir of GF and consequently stake claim in GF's property, via a "partition suit". Ask opposite person to prove his Title-Ownership documents and revenue records.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



IPC Grand Course     |    x