LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

haebus corpus petition

(Querist) 05 August 2008 This query is : Resolved 
can haebus corpus petition/ or other writ can be filed in supreme court directly as well as in high court also, what is the difference?
Guest (Expert) 05 August 2008
If the High Court has the jurisdiction over the alleged place then HC if it is in UT's then SC. Special cases may require one to file in SC directly.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 05 August 2008
You can file writ petition under art 226 of the constiturion at high court it is a constitutional right. Whereas if you file writ pettion under art 32 at supreme court when your fundamental rights are infringed. Art 32 itself is fundemental right. This is the main difference betweeen art 226 and 32 of the constitution.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 08 September 2008
I agree with Mr.Arunprakash.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :