Gratuity on resignation after 5 yrs of service central govt

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
24 January 2021

i have served in central govt dept for more than 5 i am contemplating resignation from my service.. will i be eligible for gratuity.. i had also taken extra ordinary leaves for exams which were sanctioned by head of deptt..plz let me know

Advocate Bhartesh goyalOnline (Expert)
24 January 2021

Yes, you are entitled to get gratuity as per law.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
24 January 2021

thnx for the reply..after how much time of resignation can i claim the same?

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)
24 January 2021

NO..... An "ANONYMOUS" employee is not entitled to any type of Gratuity or any other service benefits.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
24 January 2021

You are eligible for grautity after rendering 5 years of service.

PARDEEP KUMAR Online (Expert)
25 January 2021

No, for Central Government employees, gratuity is governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972 and not by Payment of Gratuity Act. Under Pension Rules Gratuity is payable on retirement or death and not on resignation. Upon resignation except GPF, earned leave encashment all other benefits stands forfeited. EOL on private affairs unless otherwise decided by HoD too gets reduced from qualifying service.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
31 January 2021

Agree with the expert PARDEEP KUMAR.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
New Course - IBC!     |    x