Gift of immovable property

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
02 March 2021

My mothers' sister inherited an immovable property(apartment/flat) through will from her another sister. The will is now probated. She wants to gift this property partly to one of her son and and another part to her one nephew. It is an apartment with single entrance and cannot be divided. How to do the transaction? She does not want to sell the property.

K RajasekharanOnline (Expert)
02 March 2021

When two recipients get a single flat with a single entrance as their common property those recipients have to decide in what manner they can share the property between them.

They can sell the property and take half the share each; they can live there together; or they can file a partition suit in the court and do what the court decides, if they have no plan of their own and are in dispute as to the percentage of share.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
02 March 2021

Agreed with the opinion of the above learned-expert.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
07 March 2021

Prima facie it is a hypothetical story where the Testator is well aware of the fact that the property (apartment) being bequeathed is a flat which cannot be occupied partly by both the beneficiaries.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x