Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Getting Back Property

(Querist) 29 July 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,

My maternal grandpa where had a property in his name in Srilanka. Now its worth more than crore rupees. In 1970 he left srilanka because of his health and lossed his life in india. Whe he was in srilanka the property's power is given to somebody (his family is occupying now)but after few years when my grandpa knows some difficuties so he again registered a gift deed in my mom and her sisters name. How to get back the property. How much will cost me to get back. I dont know any thing about srilankan laws.please help me
Guest (Expert) 29 July 2008
On the basis of the Registered gift deed, and showing your willingness to go back and use the property in Srilanka, you can ask the caretaker there to evict the property. Issue a notice for eviction, then you will know the intention of that party. Later you can decide what to do with the property. First tell him that you owns this now by way of gift.
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 02 August 2008
You have to issue a notice for eviction of the property. As my friend rightly said first you have to intimate about your ownership and also make necessary mutations in the revenue records over there.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query