LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

For change/write surname

(Querist) 24 October 2011 This query is : Resolved 
Dear All,

I need suggestions for adding modi surname.

Thanks in advance

With warm regards
Arbind Kumar
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 24 October 2011
Execute a duly sworn affidavit before the First Class Magistrate of your area.
Then make a public notice by way of Newspaper publication.
Arbind Kumar (Querist) 24 October 2011
Thanks for reply
What kind of documents required for same
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 24 October 2011
Engage a lawyer , he would guide you.
In Bengal it is Rs 10/- non judicial stamp paper.
Arbind Kumar (Querist) 24 October 2011
Where should I approach Gandhinagar, Gujarat Court or Koderma, Jharkhand Court.
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 24 October 2011
yes you seek one nearer lawyer and do the same .
Arbind Kumar (Querist) 24 October 2011

My query is where should I approach first?
1. Gandhinagar, Gujarat Court or
2. Jharkhand Court.
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 24 October 2011
you said you are an advocate, then you knew all right? you have to approach your native place where you born
Arbind Kumar (Querist) 24 October 2011

Your advice is highly appreciated.
M V Gupta (Expert) 25 October 2011
With due respects to all the experts who have given different suggestions with which I beg to differ. Your School certificate needs to be corrected by adding your surname and deleting Kumar from it. So You have to approach SSC Board for correction in the SSC Certificate and then approach other authorities concerned to correct the name in their records. You may have to ascertain the procedure to be followed from the SSC Board of your native State in which you had passed SSC.
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 25 October 2011
Changing name is easy, it can be done in 2 hours, however changing name in all documentation take eons.


Shonee Kapoor
prabhakar singh (Expert) 26 October 2011
you are adequately advised.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query