LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Family disputes for worli bdd chawl room

(Querist) 24 June 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Hi Sir, How we can get a share of my father's property in Worli BDD Chawl? My Father already passed away. The elder son’s family are staying in that room and now they are not allowing us to sell the room or give any shares of the room to the other 4 brothers including me. The elder son’s families always speak the language of bullying and they threaten to harm their own lives if we pressure them to for sale the room. Please advise how we will manage this legally to not harm their lives.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 24 June 2024
Could you file a partition suit in court? It will not harm anyone. You may be able to succeed. Consult a local lawyer.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 24 June 2024
Yes, you can file a suit for partition and separate possession of your share and if the property is indivisible then the court may bring the property to auction sale and distribute the sale consideration amount to all the shareholders accordingly.
You may not pay heed to their threats, let them keep grumbling, just ignore.
Lahu Raorane (Querist) 25 June 2024
Hi Sir, Thanks for your advice. Just one more support is required from your end. Can you suggest or recommend some references of the lawyer who had sealed with Worli BDD chawl cases? It would help us with your recommendation.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 25 June 2024
When no amicable settlement arrive among you brothers then filing suit for partition of property is only option for you.File suit for partition and injunction against your brothers and seek your share and separate possession.
Lahu Raorane (Querist) 25 June 2024
Can you suggest or recommend some references of the lawyer who had dealed with Mumbai Worli BDD chawl cases?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 25 June 2024
You can choose an advocate hailing from your place and having knowledge on the subject from this forum or outside.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now