LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Family disputes

(Querist) 25 November 2012 This query is : Resolved 
Dear sir
i was adopted by my grandfather(mother side)without any written document but my name was entered in my society(Goud's association)as thier family member, my mother and her sisters both are daughters to my grand father, my mother was demised 13 years back..and recently my grandmther was demised and now my aunt(mothers sister claiming that the total property should be her,acording to her that am not eligible to claim to property,at present iam staying in house which belongs to my grand mother, my aunt(mothers sister)grabbed grandmothers jewellery,180sq.yards of property and 2-3 lakhs of amount,i had only 160sq.ft of roof constructed house, and now she is saying to me that i have no right to claim my grand mothers property..she and her sons , relatives creating nuisance to vacate my current house,iam in deep trouble so please give me your valuable suggestion.

Hoping a reply at your convienience..
niranjan (Expert) 25 November 2012
Your maternal GF adopted you. your GF has died without any Will. Even if you cannot prove that you are son of your GF but surely you can claim half share of your mother.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 25 November 2012
You should seek partition and possession of the entire properties left by your grand pa and grandmother by filing a civil suit. If you can prove the adoption by way of your society's documents in the court then also the property shall be divided in 3 shares viz. you, your natural mother and your aunt and if you do not claim adoption then the property shall be divided into 2 shares viz. one of your mother (though she has died) and other of your aunt.

You shall have to include entire properties which include the properties grabbed by your aunt. You shall inherit the share on behalf of your mother. Consult the whole matter withh local lawyer and fiel the suit as earliest as possible and obtain stay order against forceful eviction and restrainment order for your aunt to further sale the illegally grabbed property.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query