LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Exchange of flats

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 23 July 2021 This query is : Resolved 
I have exchanged the flat with other owner in the same building/society. Can the society members ask me for any exchange fees or charges. For eg. As there is entrance fee who purchase a flat in the building and seller also pays fees to the while leaving the building (which the maximum amount is 25000). I'm already a member of that building neither entering for the 1st time nor leaving that building. So, can society ask me to pay for any charges/fees legally which is prescribed in the cooperative society act?
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 23 July 2021
Where is the property (flat) / Society located as CHS is a State subject ?
Is entry fee / any other charges approved by the General Body of the Society and such resolution is valid in your State ?

Delhi Cooperative Societies Act, 2003 has barred the management to charge any such amount in the name of entry fees/ equalization amount etc.
P. Venu (Expert) 23 July 2021
Have you enquired with the Society Management?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query