LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divorce case. summons not received issue.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 24 May 2023 This query is : Resolved 
My husband current address I'm unable to get. So summons which are sent by the court are returned back. My case is held up with this issue. What's the next step could be taken. To end my case. Since from 12 years my husband deserted me and my son. So we can't get his address. I'm in total confusion as my hearing is on 26/05/2023 of this month.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 25 May 2023
apply for public notice in newspaper.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 25 May 2023
Yes. You ask your advocate to issue legal notice in a largest circulated Newspaper.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 25 May 2023
You may request court to pass order for service of summons to opposite party through paper publication.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 26 May 2023
You have to wait for the hearing on 26th May and see if the summons have been received by him or not, if the summons are not returned undelivered, then the court may post the matter to some other day with remarks 'await ' . In that case you may have to wait till next date of hearing.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 31 May 2023
what happened on 26th May?
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 31 May 2023
Nothing happened.
As usual they gave the next hearing date for 10/08/2023.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 31 May 2023
Can I marry before my divorce case as my ex husband is not attending the court or receiving the summons and I don't know where he's actually and it lasted since from 2yrs.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now