LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dishonour of cheque

(Querist) 17 January 2009 This query is : Resolved 
i had fill up my pass book, the balance is Rs. 5500 minimum balace as per rule of bank is rs. 1000. now i had given cheque to lic for premium of rs 2800. after some days i got intimation from lic that your cheque is not honoured due to insufisunt balance. i had approched the bank then find the problem why my cheque is not honoured. the problem was that the person who had mad entry had seen the other a/c no and return my cheque. now lic had made penalty of rs. 100 to me due to dishonour of cheque and say me to pay compulsorily cash for premium. i had paid with rs. 100 of penlty in cash. i had spent two days of time after this.

now dear sir i want your insturctions that which type of legal action can i take against the bank.
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 18 January 2009
You can file a consumer complaint against your banker for deficiency of service.
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 18 January 2009
I agreed with Mr. Srinivas B. S. S. T.

sanjeev desai
R.Santha Moorthy (Expert) 18 January 2009
Yes! Mr.Srinivas B.S.S.T is correct.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 20 January 2009
Mr.Srinivas is correct.
MANISH (Expert) 20 January 2009
Dear Shashin,
I had dealt with such a case,
but in that case, I issued a legal notice to the bank, and the bank repayed the whole amount, but for the amount of compensation, the case is to be filed in the District Consumer Forum.
So,Mr. Srinivas B.S.S.T. is correct.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query