Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alimony query

(Querist) 21 February 2020 This query is : Resolved 
In a divorce case filed by husband while granting an alimony does court gives one year salary of husband to a graduate not earning wife?
Is there any way to reduce the amount?
If husband is not willing to give this much amount then will court take husbands unwillingness into consideration or will force him to pay that much amount?
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 21 February 2020
Who told you that wife shall get one year's salary as alimony? There is no such law. If basic question itself do not exist, the answer of subsequent question need not arise.
RKP (Querist) 21 February 2020
Thanks Raj Sir for the reply.
This was said to me in a paid consultation by a lawyer.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 21 February 2020
That was wrong advice. Anyway, you are always welcome here.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 23 February 2020
There is "no" straight jacket formula for "any" amount while granting alimony.
It differs from case to case.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert) 25 February 2020
There is no provision in law for granting her your one year salary amount or an amount equal to that.
The court may grant her monthly maintenance to the extent of 25%your proven take home salary on the basis of the application she has filed for alimony after divorce and not along with the divorce decree.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now