New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Discriminetion by employer for promotion

(Querist) 15 September 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Dear sir,1)If a multistate organization denied promotion or given conditional promotion( to take outstation posting)to those staff who have good marks (90 and above marks)and given promotion to the staff who got less marks(less than 40 marks) and posted at mumbai or choice of theirs.because they are nearer and dearer of the chairman and director the jr.officer exam were held somewhere in year 2002-03.2)so many staff who have completed more than 5 years not promoted yet from jr.officer to sr. Officer as per policy while some of chairman and director 's special men got promotion in 3 years only while in jr.officers exam they got very less marks.this discrimination will justified if not than what staff can do individualy because union is puppet of management.which law and act will apply if any staff will file a suit against bank how much time the court will take to finalise the there any govt authority where staff can complaint against this injustification.if possible please give refarence of any court's judgement.your reply is eagerly waiting and highly appreciatedriven
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 15 September 2009
You can first file a representation to the chairman and management and if no action within stipulated time is taken and discrimination is not ended, you members of staff affected by such arbitrariness and discrimination can file Writ Petition before Hon'ble High Court of your State which generally doesn't take much time these days.riven
DD Sathe (Expert) 15 September 2009
Writ petition will not be applicable unless your organisation is Govt. owned (defined as state). If it is a private organisation/Registered company you may have to live with it, particularly when union is not likely to take up!!
H. S. Thukral (Expert) 22 September 2009
If your Bank is in Public Sector ( Nationalised Bank) file awrit petition in High Court of your state. It will yield results. If your bank is a private bank and your position is of a managerial cadre, you can't do muchriven

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :