LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Co-Op Society laws

(Querist) 29 August 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir or Madam,
We need advise, if any member in a co-op hsg society could run business from his appartment with regards to packing, labelling and storeing food stuffs that he supplies to food malls. He also parks his commercial goods vehicle in the society premises..

1) Can the member run operate such business from his appartment without the approval of the society nor competent authority BMC etc...
2) Is parking a commercial goods vehicle instead of a personal vehicle in the society premises permitted at all.
3) Can the society initiate any legal action against this member who is absolutely non cooperative and what are the steps involved...


Thanks and kind regards
Bhasker Thirumala
Swapnalok Co-Op society
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 29 August 2009
I answer your question Nos.1 & 2 negatively. Perhaps you Society may have prohibitions in this regard in its By-Laws.

Regarding your question No.3, I answer affirmatively. The Society can move the Municipal Corporation, Electricity Company which may be supplying electricity for residential use to him and he is diverting the same for commercial purpose and thereby committing unauthorised use of electricity falling under section 126 of the Electricity Act 2003, besides court proceedings.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query