25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

name change

(Querist) 04 August 2009 This query is : Resolved 
My original name is naresh but mistakenly mentioned in school nareshkumar. After that all certificate of educational related issued with nareshkumar name but I was mentioned all over personal life as naresh only. I joined government sector in1998 that time I done affidavit in front of magistrate regarding my name as same above, also mentioned in nareshkumar and naresh was one person. Now I apply for passport but passport office not consider that affidavit they ask genarat new affidavit as per their format .In their format meaning is from this date name change. my question is “can I do this affidavit or can I change my name in gazette now or Give me solution”
Arul Kumar (Expert) 04 August 2009
You have to produce a new affidavit in the format provided by the Passport Authority, stating the same facts, which you had given in 1998. This new affidavit is only for purpose of obtaining Passport. Making changes in Gazette will solve your future hassles.
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 04 August 2009
Yes Rightly answered by Mr. Arul Kumar.

naresh (Querist) 05 August 2009
But i done affidavit in 1998.and now i going for change name in Gazette after so long time,can i do this or any leagal problem.Because i used naresh name from last 11 years.
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 06 August 2009
Dear Naresh,

There is no problem go head.

sanjeev desai

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query