Upgrad LLM

stand as surity

This query is : Resolved 

04 July 2009

In 138 NI act case I stand as a surity to one person.He absconded. Now court ordered me to deposit 20000 Rs ,the bond amount.I am an farmer and I could not able to remit this large amount.There is no information about accused.His relatives told in this same cheque case the complainant filed a civil suit and he purchased through auction the property belongs to accused.so actually the complainant received the money. But criminal case is still alive.I am in very pathatic condition .Please Learned experts give your valuable answer.1. Can I go for revision? 2. can I file a petition before High Court to quash it ? If not possible any one of above can I ask 3 months time to deposit the money ?

04 July 2009

If you can find the complainant, you may request him for withdrawl of complaint. If he has received the entire dues, he may withdraw the complaint and you may get solace. otherwise, you have no escape. At the most you will get some concession in the penalty amount and also get installments.

n.k.sarin (Expert)
04 July 2009

I do agree with Mr.palnitkar

05 July 2009

i agree too

Uma parameswaran (Expert)
06 July 2009

You can file Revision or you can also move under 482 to quash. But it will provide you with some time and it is expensive also.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x