25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

renovation in my house

(Querist) 23 June 2009 This query is : Resolved 
recently i done some renovation in my home at that time due to oldness, weaknes of my building while working at my home some portion of ceiling of my tenant who is living below my flat was fall down, we on our own expenses done their work also , but they are now harassing us with each and every small problems, connecting it with my renovation and also sending complaints to municipalities, police, corporators due to which my family is having lots of pressure on them. please advise me and i want to know the exact rule of renovation and the expense which we have to incurr if such type of accident happens in my neighbours home due to my renovation.The building in which we live is our own property and the man who is harrasing us is tenant.
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 23 June 2009
Please send a legal notice to him to vacate the said premise after if didnot vacated then you can file eviction suit against him. In the said suit you have to be mentioned that building is very old, we have to be reconstrct that building.

sanjeev desai
Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert) 23 June 2009
The Other party is your tenant or not , he can not dispute the repairs to the building , in that process if any inconvenience is there, the saem is to be recitifed , the same is also rectified by you , there can not be any grievnce to him .

if the other party is your tenant , the suggestion of Mr Desai is correct !
Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Expert) 23 June 2009
above advice is right. i further add that condition of building as stated by you, is itself a ground for eviction.
I do agree with the views of my Ld. friends.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query