Dependent clarification

I am serving in Border Security Force and my wife is Associate Prof in Govt College in Haryana

Can she be treated as Dependent while preparing Aushman Bharat Card as admissible to CAPFs employee

RAMAKRISHNAOnline (Expert)

wife / spouse is always dependent on husband on all purposes irrespective of her income. Hence he is very much eligible for aushman bharat card subject to condition that, similar facilities she should not avail from any other public sources / i.e., her present employer.

Yes. You can give the details of your family including your wife though she is an employee. She can use the facility under Ayushman Bharat Card as your dependent and at the same time, she cannot claim from her department.

I respectfully differ with the opinion and advise of experts as she is also a government employee and entitled for similar facility, perquisite and benefits provided by (State) government. An employee can avail such benefit/ facility either at his/ her own or through spouse.
Accordingly she can not be termed as "dependent" for the facility.
May I request to correct me if there is some contrary rule on the subject.

The spouse is always considered as dependent of the Government servant, irrespective of the financial status of the former. In case the spouse happens to a Government employee, the couple can opt for the common benefits ( such as LTC, medical reimbursement etc.) at their discretion.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)

The term ‘family’ means and includes:-
“Husband or wife as the case may be and other dependent family members.
Dependent Family Members:
parents, sisters, widowed sisters, widowed daughters, minor brothers and minor sister, children and stepchildren wholly dependent upon the Government Servant and are normally residing with the Government Servant”.
Also now include , dependent divorced / separated daughters and stepmother.

×

Muslim Personal Law     |    x