LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

defamation under section 499, 500 501 etc

(Querist) 23 May 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Sir, ,My commissioner C Ex from the day harassed me on fictitious inquiries and interfeered in my personal life. He transferred me every now and then and inquired officially from police about a police case iI had with my neighbour. When his harassemnt increased I complained to CVC and highehr authorities about protection given by him to corrupt and harassement to me in office on my personal sub judice matters. He in official records has called me "mentally unstable and paranoid" Sir can I file defamation suit against him . I have alrady sought permission from the President of India since he is working in Centrall Excise Tribunal as Member .
Sir can I initiate legal procedings without presidents consent. please guide . sir before resigning from commr post for deputation he removed me from my job. I am jobless . please help

Arun Kumar Bhagat (Expert) 23 May 2010
For initiating a criminal complaint for defamation, no sanction is required. You can challenge termination of your service before Central Adminstrative Tribunal. It is a fit case for civil and criminal defamation.
Arun Kumar Bhagat (Expert) 23 May 2010
To say someone mentally unstable is itself defamatory.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 23 May 2010
I do agree with arun
Arvind Singh Chauhan (Expert) 24 May 2010
I do agree with Arun Sir.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query