Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deduction of certain amount by co-op credit society

(Querist) 29 November 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,
I am working in a bank. We have one co-operative credit society. I have joined in the society after two years of my joining and continued for 5 years(till now). Now I would like to resign from the society as I think they are taking a big amount as a subscription. I have paid approx Rs.25000/- till now. I have sent a mail to the society to close my membership and pay my amount back. They are saying that I will get only 9000/- back and the remaining amount will be forfeited.
Can co-operative credit societies have that right to forfeit some amount paid by its members? Don't am I able to get out from that society without any loss?
vswaminathan (Expert) 30 November 2018
As per your narration, you joined the Society voluntarily and out of own volition; not under any undue influence / coercion. . If so, and if the payment of subscription, and refund of which you have sought, are squarely covered by/in accordance with the Society's Bye-laws, then the stance taken by the Society will not, prima facie, be impeachable/ lawfully contestable. Suggest to search and find out the judicial view taken by a couple of Court Judgments on a similar issue (non-issue!), in the case of a housing society.

Over to the participating EXPERTS, should anyone hold a different view; and wish to spare and share independent thoughts ?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query