LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Credit Card- Loan

(Querist) 05 September 2008 This query is : Resolved 
'A' - a credit card company offers loan to 'B' a software engineer. Before sanctioning of loan amount, A send a statement of balance statement for which B have to pay first month due.

No details of Sanctioning, employees of A saying that Loan was sanctioned and cheque sent through courier. But on further enquiry A said that cheque returned as no such person in the said address.

But next month B receives another balance statement to pay next month due. On telephonic inquiry, B was not satisfied as employees of A admit the payment of dues by B but whenever A calls of Loan sanctioning, employees saying "Loan under processing".

What is the remedy for B
Mukul Aggarwal (Expert) 06 September 2008
first of all you make a strong written complaint to there registered address and mention their ill practice and you will take up this matter to RBI and consumer court and keep sending the written letter every week or ten days till they didn't reply and dont make any payment towards the loan and stop the use of the credit card..however they will raise their demands by making the amount double but you make sure that you write a strong complaint and also request to cancel your they do not do anything then you can file a complaint before consumer court..but i have seen that after many correspondce they will be forced to remburse your amount and will cancel your card..
Jithendra.H.J (Expert) 06 September 2008
you can also lodge criminal complaint
G. ARAVINTHAN (Querist) 06 September 2008
But in this matter B had already made payment for processing fee and service charges by his cheque and it was also debitted, for which they had admitted the same.
podicheti.srinivas (Expert) 11 September 2008
you can file a consumer complaint in the district forum you may approach alawyer practising in consumer courts.its a summary trial and your presence is not required file all the documents into the forum and you can also seek for punitive damages
G. ARAVINTHAN (Querist) 11 September 2008
Thanks Srinivas sir

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query