LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Corrections in index ii - property in pune m.h.

(Querist) 19 August 2021 This query is : Resolved 
I recently got the Agreement to Sale registered at Registrar office in Pune. On receipt of Original Agreement, I observed that there are discrepancies in Index II pertaining to area, project name, survey no. and hissa no. Rest of the pages in the agreement/deed are correct.

Builder advised me to get the correction deed administered.

Please advise if I need to hand over the original agreement back to the builder or application for corrections in Index II would suffice.

Request Guidance.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 19 August 2021
It requires a rectification deed to be executed by the vendor of the sale deed.
Adv Shailendra Deshpande (Expert) 20 August 2021
Correction deed is must to remove such discrepancies. Correction deed requires registration at Sub-registrar office. No need to handover original agreement to builder, however, you may require to carry the original at the time of registration of correction deed for verification.
K Rajasekharan (Expert) 20 August 2021
A correction deed signed by both the parties in the sale agreement would be sufficient. There is no need to give it back to the builder.

Such things usually happen during registration of agreements and sale deeds. In this case there are only some minimal corrections.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 21 August 2021
Get a separate Rectification / Correction deed executed, which do not require original agreement to sell to be handed over to builder.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal Online (Expert) 23 August 2021
Yes both the parties have to execute correction/rectification deed which is required to be registered before sub registrar.You need not to handover original deed to anyone.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query