IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Correction of boundaries

(Querist) 30 June 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Hi I purchased a site in 1992. I have not constructed any structure. Now in 2022, I wanted to sell that site but noticed that the boundary on one side is mentioned as 22 instead of 21.
The sellers ( more than 10) almost all passed away. Few of the original sellers, the children and grand children of the diseased are available now. But they are not cooperating for the deed correction.
What is the solution?
V Durgai
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 02 July 2022
Get the land measured and demarcated by revenue / municipal / concerned authorities.
P. Venu (Expert) 02 July 2022
Yes, you may get the land measured and sell the property in your possession. Such minor discrepancies in land measurement are not uncommon.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 02 July 2022
All the legal heirs of the deceased vendors shall execute the rectification deed for boundary/measurement correction. Otherwise, the indices of the Sub Registrar's Office shall be carried out online. And without a rectification deed, the banks may object to the loan.
Venkat Durgai (Querist) 04 July 2022
Thanks for all for your solutions. I will contact the revenue officials.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Expert of the Month

Follow us Course law

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query