LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

copy right

(Querist) 17 June 2008 This query is : Resolved 
is it necessary to take licence to play music / songs in shopping malls in delhi.. if yes is there any requirment to take licence from all societies like...IPRS, PPL, T-Series, Yash Raj Music and Big Music etc.. or licence from one will work out...
Guest (Expert) 17 June 2008
What is the source of the media that is available to you and you are going to use in the mall.

If it is media from the pirates, you will land in trouble.

If it media avaiable in the free air, you can use it.

As long as you are buying the media from a licenced distributor, there should not be any problem.
Mukul Aggarwal (Querist) 17 June 2008
i am sorry that is not my qus. i want to just know that if you play song through cd in the mall as you normally see that a light music always runs inthe shopping mall than do you required licence......
Guest (Expert) 17 June 2008
No. If the cd you have is genuine one. if you play a pirated cd, they may sue you.

Generally they play Wordl Space Radio music, which requires no further licence.
Mukul Aggarwal (Querist) 18 June 2008
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 18 June 2008
For calification ofyour requirement you can contact Performing Rights Society which gives license to these kind of coprights.
Manish Singh (Expert) 23 June 2008
dEAR mR. Mukul,
you shall be bound to give royalty charges for musical works, since your act will constitute a public performance.
u need to pay charges to IPRS, and if you re playing some song which rights of which is not given to IPRS, them you will have to pay the charges directly to that owner.
Mukul Aggarwal (Querist) 23 June 2008
ppl is authorised to charge the money for playing the songs when we have taken the licence of IPRS as iprs is society of lyrist composers and ppl is society of music companies....
Manish Singh (Expert) 23 June 2008
Hiralal Das (Expert) 06 April 2009
Thanks all of you the ld. members and the author.
I think your valuable opinions will assist everybody to solve their problem/matter in question properly.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :