Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Consumer complaint for deficiency of service

(Querist) 12 February 2012 This query is : Resolved 
dear sir,

i propose to lodge a complaint against a public limited co, with regd office at chennai, for deficiency of service.

the co documment states that all disputes shall be subjec to jurisdiction of courts in chennai.

in that case can a consumer complaint be lodged at the place where i reside, lucknow in my case against a company with regd office at chennai

vinay kala feb 12, 2012
V R SHROFF (Expert) 12 February 2012
If any branch at Lucknow, YOU CAN .
Cause of action took place at Lucknow.
mahendrakumar (Expert) 12 February 2012
yes,if the company has a branch at lucknow or if the cause of action took place at Lucknow.
S.B.adil rahman (Expert) 12 February 2012
Where did you avail of the Co's services or if it was a purchase of any item then where the transaction had been made? You can file the case in Lucknow also if the transaction was related to your town/city. Mere writing in cash meme that all jursdiction etc.... are subject to a particular territory does not work.However, your mere Notice to the Co.would be sufficient to cause your grievances redressed. Because in most of the cases the CO. does not enter in litigations and solve the issues locally.
vinaykala (Querist) 12 February 2012
thanks sir,

vinay kala feb 12, 2012

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query