Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

consumer affairs????

(Querist) 04 July 2008 This query is : Resolved 
halo hon'ble friends,

please answer my query,,
my friend registered in a matrimony meet(person to person in direct), by completing all, they have mistakenly put the wrong age, no persons turned up on the event, though one or two giving options made my friend into trouble.
He was scolded for the wrong done by the organisers. what sort of effective remedy is available to my friend ???
H. S. Thukral (Expert) 04 July 2008
Was it a paid service?
Guest (Expert) 05 July 2008
To be a Consumer, there is requirement of a contract with consideration.
Manish Singh (Expert) 05 July 2008
If he has paid any kind of consideration to be on the site, that means there is a contract. So if you have paid anything, you can sue them in the consumer court.
ganesh (Querist) 06 July 2008
yes, harbhajan it is a paid service. he has paid for that meet.
Guest (Expert) 07 July 2008
Please see the reverse of the bill and you may find the terms and conditions. Such terms and conditions usually restrict damages to the amount paid as service charges.
ganesh (Querist) 08 July 2008
it was a special meet, there was no any condition apart from the normal as said to have. The problem is we got the receipt for the payment and more than that the manager incharge of the meet admitted in written that he made the mistake by putting the age,, what else is more needed for us sue???

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :