Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

complaint case 125/498

(Querist) 18 March 2008 This query is : Resolved 
i have a doubt on my lawyer in my case she is absent in court when it was necessery and also her voice has been changed means she also tell me that what amount you want to resolve your case with my in-laws.please answer --
1)can i change my lawyer?
2)what will effect it on my case if i change my lawyer.
they torture me lot so i want to punish them.but they want to compromise with me by pressure /they have political approachs / they also met many time with my lawyer in her house to resolve the dispute.court have already decided in favour me that 1700/-per month for me and my daughter but i not get it because my husband ask in court that he want to live with me and case in in lok adalat 19th of april problem is that never want to go with him because he tortue me a lot.we have three time already compromise through pancyat but he still remain asked me to bring dowery,nothing change.please help me my family is poor and fearing from them as they pressure us from all side .thanks
Rajesh Kumar (Expert) 18 March 2008
Yes, you can change your lawyer and no way it will affect your case.
You are prosecuting some persons, and if they make effort to settle the dispute, i dont think anything is wrong in that. But, no body can pressurise you accept a settlement if you are not willing to the settlement.
The laws you are using are very useful and had been enacted to help the women victims in a marital relationship, however these laws have also been widely misused. Unfortunately these laws have been misused by the women only, and women didnt raise their voices against such misuse. Society is therefore, not ready to easily believe what a women is saying. If, however, your allegations are correct and you pursue your case diligently, you can certainly establish your case in the court of law with required reliefs to you.
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 20 March 2008
If you are not satisfied by the proceedings (works) made by your present lawyer, you have a right to change your lawyer.
It would not affect your case in any manner.
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 20 June 2008
In the criminal case your case will be attended by Prosecutor, you cannot change her unless you obtain the permission of the court under section 302 of Cr.P.C. WIth regard to 125 case you can change your lawyer and it will not effect your case. If you dont want to go with him, show the earlier compromise papers to the lok adalat and represent to them about the fact.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 16 October 2008
You can change your lawyer with a no objection certificate given from the previous lawyer.
ritu bhadana (Expert) 02 April 2009
i agree wtih all my ld. friends

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query