IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cohabitation Agreement

(Querist) 05 March 2009 This query is : Resolved 
I want to register a cohabitation agreement or live-in together agreement. Can it be done?

Can anyone help to get the agreement registered properly
Shashikant V. Patil (Expert) 06 March 2009
Dear Surya,
I do not know where from you ? Because recently Maharashtra State Govt passed a bill preferalbly L/Y i.e. Live-in-relationship. You may please be obtained the copy of same and go througn the procedures and provisions. After completion of all formalities you are bound to that person and obliged to look after fully. Even though you are not husband and wife but this law will provide a bonded relation legally recognised.
PALNITKAR V.V. (Expert) 06 March 2009
Dear Mr. Patil. Can you tell us where can we find the bill passed by Maharashtra Govt. To my knowledge no such bill is passed yet. Please update my knowledge.
Surya (Querist) 06 March 2009
Thanks Patil,

I forgot to mention where I am from. I am in Chennai and want to register it in Chennai.

I will be shifting to Bangalore and so if I can't register in Chennai, please tell me whether it can be easily done in Bangalore.

Hope you understand the reason why I want to register the cohabitation agreement. Let me tell you that also. I am married and not divorced.
M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Expert) 06 March 2009
Dear Surya, You have stated that you are married and not divorced. Then as per law your marriage is still in subsistence. In this circumstances how can you enter into co-habitation agreement ???!!!!. Is not adultery then. Expecting views of Learned of Members.
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 07 March 2009
Such agreement is not valid legally so you cannot register the same.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 07 March 2009
I agree with Mr.Srinivas
B.B.R.Goud. (Expert) 07 March 2009
i do agree with mr. piravi perumal.
it attracts the offence of bigamy under sec 494 of IPC and adultery under sec 497 of IPC.
Hiralal Das (Expert) 05 April 2009
I do agree with the valuable opinions of the learned members. Thanks all of you.
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 20 May 2009
No. Its illegal.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query