LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Claim on agricultural land

(Querist) 01 March 2024 This query is : Resolved 
A gas pipeline is passing on my land.The authorities told there's a land adjoining mine which doesn't hv any online record, n told me to get manual records checked. On inquiry my grandfather. Name appeared. Now how can I claim possession of land
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 01 March 2024
You can issue a legal notice to them demanding compensation for acquiring your land failing which to evict them from the occupied portion of the property.
After that you can approach land acquisition special court for relief and remedy.
gaurav (Querist) 02 March 2024
The pipeline is only in a part of the land.They r giving me compensation for it on the old records basis..But the occupants. doing farming there don't hv any record on their name. How to evict them..can sdm ?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 02 March 2024
It is a fact that the farmers may not have any records to establish their rights, but since they are paying the crop revenue tax on their names, that can be used as an evidence to establish their rights.
You can consult a local lawyer and proceed on the practical advise
gaurav (Querist) 02 March 2024
They can't pay without land record in their name
gaurav (Querist) 02 March 2024
Had it been so, the pipeline authorities would hv paid them compensation on its basis..but they went for rightful ownership
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 03 March 2024
The farmers cannot make any claim for compensation as a right if they don't have any documentary evidence to prove their title or interest in the property acquired by authorities.
gaurav (Querist) 13 March 2024
What is the procedure to get my name in khatauni
gaurav (Querist) 05 April 2024
How to get my name in khatauni on basis of my grandpas name in old records of that land

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now