FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cheated by a man

(Querist) 16 July 2014 This query is : Resolved 
Hello sir, I am keen to know if I am eligible to file a law suit against a man who has cheated me not once but twice in a same way . The background is 4 years back , I was in a so called relationship with a guy who was my senior in university. He behaved like his feelings were genuine and almost raped me, used me physically and dumped me sayin he is not serious about this relationship. Later on he moved on for his further studies and my parents got married to someone and I moved to Australia. After one year I separated from my husband on domestic violence grounds. After a few months , my so called ex boy friend got in touch wit me again and I was a fool enough to assume he had realised his mistake so he is back. Also when I shared the news about my separation he felt sorry but started flirtin after a few days and this kept on going for about 6 months. While I was in a hope of getting back to him again as I loved him truly he plotted to use me once again. I travelled all the way back to jndiA spendin my money , treated him in a 7 star hotel, got him expensive gifts... He again used me physically and later when I questioned him about his intentions of getting back to me he states that he wants to be good friends with me as I have a nice heart. He again deceived me. He keeps in touch with me but has no feelings what so ever . I have a proof of his almost naked pics he used to send me and also the proof of hotel room I booked . The hotel had collected both our ID cards and I am sure they have records of it. Is there any sort of cheating case I can file on this man for harassing me mentally and cheating me with his wrong intentions. Please help me
Jainodin shaikh (Expert) 16 July 2014
yes, the conduct of that guy is certainly an offense under section 417 of Indian Penal Code; but since all acts done by your consent, he will have strong defense.
If you could prove that you both were in live-in-relationship, then you can get some monitory benefits from Magistrates court, but certainly not from Civil Courts.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 16 July 2014
Madam, you are grown up enough to understand the nature and consequences of your acts.
I regret to inform you that on actions of your so called boy friend no legal recourse could be made especially if your marriage is still subsisting.
Even if your marriage is dissolved, you can not claim any maintenance from him nor your complaint for rape would lie.
V R SHROFF (Expert) 16 July 2014
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 16 July 2014
Basically the query is not understood in one reading.
bhagya (Querist) 17 July 2014
So there is no law to punish someone who can cheat a girl and harass her?
bhagya (Querist) 17 July 2014
I would like to file a case against him no matter I win or lose. This way I would teach him a lesson . The worst part his parents being aware of this are still negligent as they r so called orthodox family

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query