LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Change of name in property card

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 24 February 2024 This query is : Resolved 
My father had given me a residential plot in 2005 , I have constructed house on it in 2006. Plot is in father's name in property card
My father died in 2010, I have 3 brothers, who are staying in their own houses purchased with financial help from our father only
Now I want to change name in property card, I want to put my name in property card
I have registered Relinquishment deed signed by my brothers in 2015
My brothers have expired, my nephews are there , who will not sign any documents now.
Can I change name in property card through that relinquishment deed which I have?
My uncle had filed civil case against us in 2016 regarding some other ancestral property
In that case I and my nephews had submitted our reply, in which we have (I and my nephews mentioned about my plot also , that this plot was given to me by my father. So that way my nephews have accepted that plot is mine
I want to know through relinquishment deed and court reply ( I have true copy of their reply submitted in court) can I apply for mutation in my name in property card?
Municipal property tax is in my name , electricity bill is in my name
I am staying in that house only
Please advise me
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 25 February 2024
The registered release deed executed by your brothers in yor favor is sufficient for you to get the property revenue records transferred to your name, you don't require NOC from the children of yor brothers.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 25 February 2024
Yes. You can apply for mutation in your name.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 26 February 2024
I don't have legal heirs certificate, it is not necessary? Only release deed is sufficient?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 26 February 2024
Yes. relinquishment is sufficient.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 26 February 2024
Thanks for your kind guidance
I am feeling relaxed now
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 26 February 2024
You are welcome. go ahead.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 26 February 2024
You are welcome for your compliments

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now