Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Caste certificate rejected by upsc

(Querist) 12 February 2013 This query is : Resolved 
I was born in delhi and belong to SC category. I am a civil services aspirant. Few days ago, UPSC has sent me a letter saying that my caste certificate (which is from delhi) is not acceptable because I had mentioned in civil services mains 2012 Detailed Application Form (DAF) that the state to which my father "originally belongs" is UP. Though my father's caste certificate is also from delhi (my certificate is made on the basis of this). While filling the DAF, I did not know what this phrase "originally belongs" means because in caste certificate it is usually "ordinary resident of" or "domicile of" is written. By "originally belongs", I inferred that the place where one's family roots lie and since my father's (and mine also) roots lie in U.P., that's why I mentioned UP.
Now, UPSC has rejected my caste certificate by saying that it is not from the competent authority where my father "originally belongs". I do not understand, that - 1. How can they pose any restriction in matter of All India Services? I never heard anyone having such problem in All India examinations. this is not some state service commision.

They have also objected that para no. 2 related to "migration" is not filled in my caste certificate. Well, how can I migrate to Delhi when I was born in Delhi?

2. If they have any problem, then why they didn't point it out in year 2011 exam when I filled the same information. (Even I simply copied the old info of 2011 DAF photocopy to 2012 DAF). Under which rules are they having objection when both my father and I belong to delhi.

I have my birth certificate, caste certificate, father's caste certificate, voter's ID etc. all from Delhi. Caste certificates are issued by SDM. Please tell me what should I reply back to them. I am very worried as I have already lost 5 years of my life for UPSC preparation and now at the end of my stint, they are threatening to cancel my candidature. I have 30 days time to "make up discrepancies" in my caste certificate.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 13 February 2013
You make a humble representation on the same argument which you have placed here with additional plea of natural justice and arbitrariness of the authorities.
Guest (Expert) 13 February 2013
Of course, based on Delhi being your birth place, you will have to send appropriate representation for the satisfaction of the UPSC to review their decision and consider you as the candidate of SC category.

rakesh bhagvati (Querist) 13 February 2013
Thank you Sirs for your generous reply. Do I need to make an affidavit that the district and state to which my father "originally belongs" may kindly be corrected to "Delhi" or just send a simple reply letter with attested copy of all necessary documents?
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 13 February 2013
Yes. You can additionally submit such affidavit with due clarification.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 14 February 2013
Expert Raj Kumar has rightly advised.Since the time slot is short,make a fervent appeal with all the points on hand to the UPSC.You have highlighted a pertinent issue which needs to be addressed in the interest of aspirants throughout our country.
rakesh bhagvati (Querist) 16 February 2013
Sir my father's certificate is made in 1977 and mine in 2001. In both caste certificates, para relating to migration is missing. On what grounds should I reclaim my candidature as a SC candidate? Suppose if UPSC cancels my candidature then can I directly move HC? Will I be able to fill the form next time in general category?
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 16 February 2013
Court proceedings may be a prolonged exercise.Make a representation to the National commission for scheduled caste.
JANAK RAJ VATSA (Expert) 22 February 2013
go with the advice of ld isaac gabriel

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :