LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can a third party request / ask for case paper from court ?

(Querist) 28 February 2016 This query is : Resolved 
I am one of tenant in Mumbai Suburb .One side builder is claiming the right on title saying he has purchased it from the owner , whereas the original Owner is claiming right on title saying he has not sold the property to the builder.
Now the case is in Bombay high court since last 3 years ( Owner :- Petitioner /// Builder :- Defendant ) . All the tenants are confused because both are claiming for the rent.

Now my query is...

1. Can I apply for the case paper of the case pending in the Bombay High court (Original side),where I am not the party in the case (nether petitioner/ nor defendant ) .

so that i can get the certify copies of the case and information about the its status.


Kapil Chandna (Expert) 28 February 2016

Take the certified copy of the complete file ... But file the form in the name of the one of the party ...

Warm Regards
Kapil Chandna Advocate
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 28 February 2016
Since you are not a party to the suit/ petition (you did not disclose) you are not entitled to obtain copy officially.
You will have to try and get it from either party or unofficially.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 February 2016
Entrust a lawyer to get a certified copy of the case file.
K.K.Ganguly (Expert) 28 February 2016
No. No third party is entitled to get any paper or document untill he/she is made a party to the case.
Aditya (Querist) 29 February 2016
Can i demand/request it under RTI.......?
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 29 February 2016
You have adequatly been advised by experts, even than if you want to proceed it is your decision/choice.

Close this thread.
Hemant Agarwal (Expert) 03 October 2017
1. Approach the Court-Registrar, and say that, due to certain infraction of law, in the case, you wish to "intervene" in the matter, for which certified copies of the case are required.

2. The Court-Registrar would consider it and direct to provide the same.

3. In matters which have been closed and orders pronounced and now appeal time-barred, ANYBODY "also" can obtain RTI-certified copies of the case, under the RTI Act.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query