LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shyam lal   23 October 2021 at 20:21

False criminal charge

The compliant has died in a legal case. Query ..can the Legal wedded wife pursue the case havening the requisite prof and evidence? to prove him innocent?

Anonymous   23 October 2021 at 13:19

Police clearance certificate with pending ipc 338 case

I am applying for canada PR where i need to upload police clearance certificate. I have an accident case registered against me under IPC 338 and currently the case is in appearance stage.

The other party is not ready to settle the case and demanding hefty money.

1. Does the court case creates problem during police verification?
2. I heard that IPC 338 accident case is not much major offence and it doesn't involve moral turpitude, will I get clean PCC in this case. How much true is this?

Please guide me in this regards as I cannot wait till the end of the case proceedings as it may take around 3 to 4 years.

Balaji Bakthavathsal   19 October 2021 at 10:40

Cheque bouncing case relaxation of imprisonment

In a criminal case, (cheque bounce case), the accused has been sentenced to one year simple imprisonment punishment by the lower court. The accused appealed to the next appellate court and the appellate court confirmed the lower court’s order. The lower court order dated 22.08.2014 and the appellate court order dated 18.04.2017. As the person was roaming scot free, the trial court was questioned under RTI Act about the action taken on the accused and the trial court informed me that warrant has been issued to the concerned police station to apprehend the accused on 19.08.2021 after seeing my letter dated 11.08.2021. Under these circumstances, please clarify the doubts
i) Whether the accused can file bail petition and get bail ?
ii) Whether a third person who is not the complainant can file a caveat and object the bail petition ?
I would be very grateful if clarification is provided on this matter since the accused, an unscrupulous person is creating lot of problem to me by filing false & fictitious civil suit disturbing me mentally, financially and physically.

Anonymous   18 October 2021 at 23:31

Chargesheet quashing in high court

In a accident case of grevious hurt u/s 279 and 337 and 338, once the chargesheet is submitted in court.

1. Can the accused take the certified copy of chargesheet from the court before the date of next hearing (pleaded not guilty).
2. Based on the merits of chargesheet, can the accused go to high court for quashing of chargesheet and fir without attending trials from district court as it will take around 3 to 4 years of time?

Anonymous   17 October 2021 at 18:39

Witness changing statement during trial

During investigation in a accident case, witness statements were recorded by IO and the chargesheet is submitted in court. During trials. Can the same witness change the statement and deny what has been recorded in chargesheet?

Does court consider just changed oral statements during trial? what will happen next?

raju   13 October 2021 at 13:02


Summons issued to witness in criminal case by ordinary process and also dasti. Witness evading the summons. Can I send these summons by post which was given as dasti.

GThrone   13 October 2021 at 12:56

498a 506

My wife filed a criminal case 498A and 506 on entirely false grounds. she filed a case in Europe prior on similar grounds but this case was closed as nothing was substantiated.

Regarding the 498, in addition to me as the A1, she included my family members and friend but police removed the others leaving just myself in the chargesheet.

but the cause of action was in Europe and I did not meet my wife or her family members in India for a long time and since the other members were excluded, is there is possibility for this case to be dismissed in the district court?

I am specifically looking for previous court judgements/citations in support of a dismissal of the case. Please HELP.

Suraj Kumar   13 October 2021 at 09:54


My girlfriend who have no source of income has taken Rs 20 Lakh from me through account transfer (NEFT) for purchase of a house in her name.I have documentary evidence from my bank statement. Also I have spent another 5 Lakhs by cash for docoration of the house after purchase.

Now she refused to maintain relationships and marrying me.

Can I lodge 406 IPC and 420 IPC in local PS stating that she has taken the money as loan and refusing to refund ?

Can police directly arrest her without any permission from court ?

Surely she couldn't refund the money. Can I claim to transfer the property to me ?

raju   11 October 2021 at 15:18

Complainant vs state

Complaint was registered u/s 156(3). Police filed cancel report. Court proceeded u/s 200 and dismissed complaint. My query is what remedy left or any appeal or revision. Can police file counter claim against complainant.

Dinesh Singh   11 October 2021 at 13:26

Defame on social site



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query