LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJAY KUMAR RAJVANSHI   17 February 2022 at 15:04

Typographical error in name of e-stamp purchaser

I paid for stamp duty for registration through a third party. But this vendor has inadvertently written 'Vijay' in place of 'Ajay' during the payment of stamp duty. However, in the registered agreement, my name is correct and also registration has been done with the correct name and issued index-2.

But now I am in confusion whether this can bring any problem in future to me as the payer name is different from the registered buyer name. Pls, help me to sort out the problem.

Anonymous   06 February 2022 at 02:58

Will writing procedure

My mother made a will under my name though the will is not registered she have made only notarized the will with 2 witness attach to it. whether the will is valid or not as the will is not registered.

Parthiban   28 January 2022 at 10:49

Missing of original deed reg

Original document got missed and have lodged a police complaint they have issued CSR, and demanded for NTC, but the police are not in an intension to issue an FIR nor NTC,, what shall be done,, its been almost 4 to 5 months after getting CSR

shyam lal   26 January 2022 at 06:35

Legal notice

A person met with an accident and lost his memory ...later it was found before the accident he has committed a crime
.Query..can he be served a Legal notice?

Anonymous   17 January 2022 at 22:40

Power of attorney

Namaste sir

1) i'm in a process of buying property in Bangalore but the seller is NRI residing at America

2) The sellers brother lives in Delhi

3) The NRI seller if adjudicate POA at Delhi in his brothers name

4) Can we use the Delhi adjudicated POA for Bangalore property registration and transactions

Please advise


Anonymous   16 January 2022 at 20:11

Name change of wife after marriage


My mother(widow) already has my fathers surname on all her legal documents. However, she doesn't have any affidavit/document stating how she got this name after getting married.

Can she now make an affidavit of "Name change after getting married" and give the publications in 2 local daily newspapers.

Will this be considered valid?


Roland Noronha   15 January 2022 at 11:13

Nominee and will matter

1) A friend of mine and his wife have SCSS and NSC FDs in the post office. They have no children. They have named one of their friends who is not their relative as nominee for the FDs. The name is correct and the adress mentioned is correct but PINCODE of the area is wrongly mentioned by the post office. Does this requires correction. Will there be any impact for the claim by nominee. .. please clarify.

2) Please note the WILL is done by above couple with two witnesses. One of the witnesses died couple of months back. Does this WILL have any impact in the event of claim. Does the WILL need to be redone?

Thanks and regards
Roland Noronha

Anonymous   11 January 2022 at 22:28

Name change by gazette notification is valid in australia..?

I am going to change name by "Gazette Notification". My Degree certificates(10th, 12th, BSc) and EMP Certificates( Experience letter) are with OLD names and Passport will be with “NewName”(will change after Gazette Notification). Will University in Australia will “accept or consider” Degree certificates and Emp certificates valid with Old names? Since Name change is not done by foreign authority where I am going to Master's Education in Australia(on student visa)....

Sekhar1973   11 January 2022 at 20:59

Reconstitution deed

Please, anybody share the format of reconstitution deed in case of death of a partner.

Anonymous   10 January 2022 at 23:59

Making changes in registered rent agreement?


I registered a rent agreement for commercial property in Punjab for a period of 5 years. The tenant took two floors on rent together. The entire agreement was made with two floors in mind, including mentioning of the combined total monthly rent, with increment for every year.

However, the tenant now wants to vacate one floor and keep the other floor.

• Do I need to have corrections / additions made to registered rent agreement, to mention the rent for just one floor, or can I simply get it in writing from the tenant that he is vacating one floor, while mentioning the rent applicable for the other floor?

• If not, what would be the cost to make such corrections / additions in the registered rent agreement, such as stamp duty and registration fee?

Sorry for being anonymous but it is important.

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query