LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Boy and Girl is from India and staying in Newyork, it is advisable to get married in Newyork or Mumbai?

(Querist) 05 November 2008 This query is : Resolved 

Boy and Girl is from India and staying in Newyork , we are planning to get married, what would be beneficial to get married in India or Newyork, is there any benefit for our future generation to come?

Please Answer thinking long perspective in mind ! Thanks
Manish Singh (Expert) 05 November 2008
Dear Bhara,
the HM Act applies to the hindus even when they reside out of India so theres no bar if the spouse are hindus and getting married abroad according to Hindu rituals. but now since registration has been made compulsory, you need to get it registered in India.
But its always advisable to perform the marriage in India.
Tribhuwan Pandey (Expert) 05 November 2008
It’s your choice.
If both are not staying permanently out side the country then it is better to solemnize the marriage in India and get it registered in India.
However they may marry in other country and have right to registered the marriage in India under Foreign Marriage Act.
Benefit to future generation by getting marriage registration in foreign country depends on the law provided by that country.
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 05 November 2008
I agree with Pandey Sir.

Benefits to the future generations may be place of their birth.
K.C.Suresh (Expert) 06 November 2008
There is no bar for marriage at New York.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 06 November 2008
There is no legal disabilities for getting your marriage at NYork and staying there.It is benificial for your future generations.
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 06 November 2008
it is their own choice frd.if realy like to marry and plan to settle in their then they will marry their itself.other wise?
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 15 November 2008

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query